La moxibustion, ou Moxa, est un mélange de plantes médicinales
Le terme moxa aurait pour origine le mot japonais Mogusa, une variété d'armoise, la plante avec laquelle les moxas sont la plupart du temps, fabriquées.
By practicing moxibustion, i.e. by burning the moxa, the benefits of the plants are diffused through the acupuncture points and act on the body of the person.
- Moxa is most often presented in a raw form with a fluffy appearance similar to wool.
- The acupuncturist shapes various forms with his or her fingers, the most common being cones or sticks of different sizes depending on the needs.
- Then the heat released by their combustion stimulates the acupuncture points.
- The moxa cone is lit at the top and burns like incense, slowly releasing an even heat.
- The acupuncturist removes the cone when the patient feels the heat, and follows up with a number of cones depending on the diagnosis.
A moxa session can be practiced with or without needles
- One of the techniques consists of attaching a small moxa cone to the handle of an acupuncture needle and lighting it up.
- Herbal sticks, similar to cigars, can also be used. After turning it on, it is held a few centimeters from the acupuncture point to be treated or the area to be heated.
- The acupuncturist moves the stick over the patient’s skin with movements until the person feels a pleasant warmth.
- The acupuncturist decides when to use this technique and whether or not to combine it with acupuncture needles.
Moxibustion would be the oldest form of therapy in China
Its therapeutic effects are numerous, and contribute to:
regulate the circulation of heat and cold in the body,
toning up when there is a disturbance,
activate and circulate the Qi and blood in the Meridians,
prevent or treat problems such as rheumatic, joint and muscle pain,
relieve certain digestive problems such as diarrhea,
alleviate gynecological disorders such as painful menstruation and some infertility.
It is frequently used in the treatment of people who are tired or suffering from chronic diseases in order to strengthen their vital energy.
Finally, moxa is also very useful in certain cases of anemia.
“Observe nature well and you will understand everything much better.”
It is with pleasure that I answer all your questions about moxa. You can send me an email.
Taking care of yourself.